What We Do
We help clients design web sites, learning management systems, and online courses that are pretty and easy-to-use by everyone, including people with disabilities. We build accessible features as a web site is being designed, rather than waiting until a lot of effort and expense are needed to make it accessible. We provide design work and training to make this happen.
Why Partner With Us?
- We have extensive experience designing web sites and online courses accessible to people with disabilities.
- We are expert at helping organizations not only comply with accessibility standards, but also make their web sites actually accessible to people with disabilities.
- We are a proven, successful partner of public agencies. (See our list of clients.)
What Do You Need?
Your organization needs our help if it:
- receives federal funding (The accessibility standards it must meet became much higher as of January 18, 2017. );
- is in accessibility-related litigation or structured settlement;
- wants to make its web presence usable by everyone.
They must now meet the international Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, Level AA.
- We examine all applicable materials, including:
- web-based and mobile apps;
- web sites; and
- files, such as PDFs and Microsoft Office documents.
- We identify gaps, between current materials and accessibility requirements, which pose a risk of non-compliance.
- We provide support for remediation activity, and continued compliance with accessibility, adopting best practices.
- We deliver support in the areas of monitoring materials, policy development, and policy integration.
- We promote education among content creators to avoid non-compliant pitfalls.
- We develop unique plans of action to remediate gaps identified in assessments.
- We create tailored training to address areas that require personnel development.
- We identify resources for continued accessible-content creation.
Why We Do It
There are millions of people with disabilities. Many find using the web difficult. Commercial web sites do themselves a disservice by excluding these folks as customers. Nonprofit agencies with inaccessible websites often exclude the very people they are trying to reach. We are committed to accessible design, which makes a web site usable by everyone.
We provide all kinds of resources for people to learn about making web presences usable by everyone.